In an attempt to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about protecting your device, we offer our Frequently Asked Questions section. If your question is not answered in this section, please visit Customer Care and we will be happy to respond to your inquiry. Thanks for shopping at BodyGuardz.com
During Black Friday, Cyber Monday and other major promotional sale days, we cannot apply larger discounts retroactively. If you made a purchase and a larger discount was offered after your purchase, we cannot apply the larger discount to a previous order.
Bubble, Bubble, Toil & Trouble:
A: If you are having trouble getting bubbles out of your protector, try this out: wait a day. Most bubbles will work themselves out in 24 to 48 hours. Larger devices, such as the tablets and MacBooks can take longer to cure and the bubbles to resolve themselves. We recommend allowing about 5 days for curing on the larger devices..
What is the material?
A: The UltraTough material is the same material used to protect cars from scratches, sometimes referred to as 'car bra' material or paint protection film. HD ScreenGuardz is a hard PET material that has a matte finish. Privacy ScreenGuardz is a hard PET material and provides 4-way privacy at a 45-degree angle or more. Classic ScreenGuardz is a vinyl material. Carbon Fiber is a PVC material.
How do BodyGuardz adhere?
A: The material is designed to last as long as you want protection. UltraTough BodyGuardz Clear Skins adhere using an adhesive that holds the protector in place, but can be removed when needed. The Classic Clear ScreenGuardz adheres statically. The HD Anti-glare ScreenGaurdz has a light adhesive backing. BodyGuardz protectors will not come off unless the user pulls them off.
Why is there more than one protector in a pack if I only need one?
A: Let's face it, there is going to be a time when you are going to want to remove the protector. You may need to submit the device for repairs, you may decide you want sell it and buy another, or you may just need an extra one for the second device you have, there are many reasons to have a spare. BodyGuardz is aware of this need and we don't want you to have to wait the week or so to get another without protection on your device. Larger devices such as MacBooks, E-readers or Tablets do not include two set per pack. However, they are still eligible for our Lifetime Replacement program.
How do I install BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Skin protectors?
A: Included in each package are step by step instructions on how to install the BodyGuardz. Also available on this website are How-To video's designed to assist you in installation. We encourage you to watch these videos before application.Click here for Installation Videos
Installation should always take place in a warm (60-90 degrees F), dry location. The area must be enclosed, as sunlight and wind will complicate installation. The device surface must be thoroughly cleaned. All dust, dirt and other contaminants must be removed before installation.
-With application solution:
1) Turn your device off. (You should begin this process in the evening so it can set during the night.)
2) Wet your hands with the application solution and keep them wet whenever you are handling the film. As you slowly remove the film from the liner, spray the sticky side with the application solution (DO NOT SPRAY YOUR DEVICE); this will stop the film from folding and sticking to itself before you lay it on the device. Be very careful not to drop the cut out or let it come into contact with any contaminated surfaces. Once the adhesive is contaminated with dirt it can't be cleaned!
3) Lay the piece onto the device, getting as close to the final position as possible. If you have used adequate solution, large pieces will be able to be repositioned by placing your fingers on the film and gliding it into the correct position. If you need to lift the film off the surface to remove air bubbles, just re-spray the film before laying it back down.
4) Squeegee from the middle of the piece outward, using overlapping strokes. Do not push too hard. You do not want to stretch the films surface.
5) Make sure to squeegee out all of the moisture and soap! If you do not, a haze will slowly appear under the film, making the device look 'foggy'. Do not panic, the moisture will dry out over a 12-24 hour period. Variables such as outside air temperature and degree of sunlight will impact the speed that this moisture evaporates. Do not try to remove the film after it has set for a period greater than 10 minutes, you may leave fingerprints on the film.
6) Allow the device to sit overnight before turning it on. This allows it to dry and ensures that all the liquid has evaporated.
-With application gel:
1) Turn your device off. (You should begin this process in the evening so it can set during the night.)
2) Remove the film from the back liner. Using your finger, spread application gel over the entire sticky side of the film. Only a couple of drops of gel are needed. Be very careful not to drop the film or let it come in contact with any contaminates.
3) Position the piece on the device, reposition by placing your fingers on the film and gliding it into the correct position. If you need to lift the film off the surface to remove air bubbles, just re-gel the film before laying it back down.
4) Squeegee from the middle of the protector using a credit card covered with the cleaning cloth to remove all bubbles and remaining gel.
5) Remove the cap sheet by pulling on the BodyGuardz tab and allow to dry 30 minutes before use.
1) With the film facing down, peel the back liner down 1 -1.5 inches from the top and crease the liner, exposing the adhesive side of the film. Be careful not to touch the adhesive.
2) Position the film on the device, aligning it properly (use the edges, buttons and camera to judge alignment). The fold will allow you to position the film in the exact spot before pressing down and exposed adhesive portion to stick to your device. When it is aligned, press down the exposed adhesive portion.
3) Using a credit card wrapped in a cleaning cloth, press down the remaining portion of the film, legging the back liner slip away. Rub the surface with the card or cleaning cloth to smooth out any bubbles.
4) Remove the cap sheet by pulling the BodyGuardz tab. Application is complete. Any haziness or small bubbles will disappear over time.
How easy is it to remove BodyGuardz?
A: BodyGuardz are designed to remain on your device as long as you need them. They can be peeled off when needed and do not leave behind a sticky residue. Lift the corner of the protector and continue to peel it back until the protector is removed from the device.
What if I run out of application solution or application gel?
A: If you received a clear, spray tube or application solution, this is primarily a water-based solution so we suggest just filling it with water. There will be enough soap residue in the bottle for it to work effectively. If you run out during the installation, you can still refill the bottle up to 2 more times. If your protectors came with a packet of application gel there should be enough to install a few protectors. If you run out the protectors can be applied without the gel or you can purchase more by clicking here.
How do I apply HD ScreenGuardz protectors?
A: 1) Clean your screen thoroughly with provided cleaning cloth. Make sure no dust or lint is left on the screen..
2) With the film facing down, peel the back liner (labeled with the number 1) down 1 – 1.5 inches form the top and crease the liner, exposing the adhesive side of the film. Be careful not to touch the adhesive..
3) Position the film on the device, aligning it properly (use edges, buttons & camera to judge alignment). The fold will allow you to position the film in the exact spot before pressing down the exposed adhesive portion to your device. When it is aligned, press down the exposed adhesive portion..
4) Wrap the provided squeegee card in the cleaning cloth and use it to push out any bubbles. Any remaining bubbles will work themselves out in time..
5) Remove the cap sheet (labeled with the number 2) after the protector has been applied.
Can I use BodyGuardz with a case?
A: Yes, you can. As long as the case does not have a plastic see through cover on it. The plastic see through covers will adhere themselves to the BodyGuardz if exposed to heat. Leather or other material cases are just fine. Some cases will discolor the protectors because the material is porous and will absorb the dye in the leather of material cases. We recommend a silicone type case that is not really tight fitting to go with the BodyGuardz.
Do you sell BodyGuardz Material uncut?
A: No, we custom design our material to fit specific devices. We do, however, offer the option to custom cut the material to your specific measurements. For more information, please read specifications on size, etc by visiting our Custom Cut page.
What if you don't have my device?
A: We design BodyGuardz for new devices weekly. If we do not have your device, please contact us and we'll let you know if we are planning on making a BodyGuardz for it in the near future.
Why should I turn off my device and wait 24 hrs before using it?
A: Turning off your device will make sure that your electronics inside are not effected by too much solution which may get in between the cracks in your device. We recommend waiting 24 hours after installing the BodyGuardz, to turn your device back on; this time allows the BodyGuardz to 'set up' properly. Also, since application solution is applied on the BodyGuardz during the installation process, waiting will allow your device enough time to dry.
Can I get a replacement BodyGuardz Protector if I mess up on the first one?
A: We put two protectors in most packs just for this reason. If you have application issues we would recommend taking advantage of the Advantage Replacements and ordering a replacement protector.
Do BodyGuardz protectors leave a sticky residue?
A: In most cases there is not residue left behind when the protector is removed. If there does happen to be any residue, the adhesive is water-soluble and should wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Do BodyGuardz protectors move in any way on the screen?
A: No – The protectors adhere directly to the screen and cannot be moved.
How many protectors are in a package?
A: The Classic Clear ScreenGuardz come with 5 protectors per pack. The HD anti-glare ScreenGaurdz and the Ultra Tough protectors come with 2 per pack for most devices. On all product pages it is stated how many protectors are included for the device.
Does BodyGuardz offer a screen protector for the MacBooks?
A: No – We do not offer a screen protector for the MacBooks because the adhesive is too strong and could cause the screen to lift when it is removed from the device. We are not willing to take the chance of damaging a device, so we do not offer screen protectors for the MacBooks.
Will Classic Clear ScreenGuardz adhere to an LCD Screen?
A: No – Classic Clear Screenguardz adhere using static and will not adhere to a screen unless it is a TFT touch screen like those on Palm or Pocket PC devices. Most cell phones and digital cameras use a similar screen that is made of Glass or polished plastic and these work great. ScreenGuardz will NOT adhere to a video camera screen or a laptop or notebook screen.
Is Carbon Fiber Armor a case?
A: No – The Carbon Fiber Armor is a PVC film that provides scratch protection. Carbon Fiber is a decorative way to protect your device from scratches.
How do I change quantities or cancel an item in my order?
A: Once the order has been placed and is showing as processing, there cannot be any changes made to the order. Please contact Customer Care for further assistance in changing or canceling your order.
How do I track my order?
A: Click the 'Account Login / Logout' link on the right hand side of our site to track your order. The tracking number assigned to International orders shipped with UPS Mail Innovations is for identification purposes only and will not provide any tracking information.
My order never arrived.
A: Orders shipped with UPS Mail Innovations (domestic) can take up to 7 business days for delivery. Please check the tracking information to see if the package shows delivered. All domestic orders shipped with UPS will have tracking information available. If you have not received the order and it has been more the 7 business days please contact Customer Care. International orders shipped with UPS Mail Innovations can take up to 30 business days for delivery, but usually deliver within about 15 to 20 business days. If it has been more than 30 days and you have not received your package please contact Customer Care.
I received the wrong product.
A: If you feel that you have received the wrong product, please contact Customer Care within 72 hours of receiving the product.
How do I get my 20% returning customer discount
A: Click on “Log In” at the top of the page. Once you are logged into your account the prices that are reflected will be discount prices. You are not considered a returning customer until the order has been placed and shipped out from our warehouse.
What is your Return Policy?
A: Please click here to view our return policy.
Can I exchange my protectors?
A: We are unable to do exchanges due to inventory purposes. If you have ordered the incorrect protectors or would like to try a different protector, please contact Customer Care so we can issue you an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number to return the protectors. We will issue a refund when we receive the protectors back. You can order the correct protectors at anytime you would like.
How do I create an account?
How do I edit my account information?
A: Your account information can be edited when you sign into your account with your email address and password. Once you are signed in you can click on the “edit” button to change your account information.
I forgot my password.
A: Click the 'My Account’ link on the top, right hand side of our site. Under the login box you'll see a link that says 'Forgot your password? Click here'. This link will send an email to you with a temporary password. You can change the password once you are signed into your account.
Where do I return my used protectors after I have received my replacement set?
A: To remain eligible for future replacements we would request that you return your old protectors when you receive your replacement set. Here is a link to the replacements form that you can include with your old protectors. Click Here
Pricing and Billing
Do I have to pay sales tax?
A: You only have to pay sales tax if you are located in the same state as our warehouse. Our warehouse is located in Utah.
I need a copy of my receipt/invoice.
A: Click the 'My Account' link on the top of the page. Once you are signed into your account you should be directed to the Dashboard for your account. Click on the order you would like to print the invoice for and view the order. Once you are in the order click on the ‘Print Order’ at the top of the page.
When will my credit appear on my credit card?
A: Credits usually take 7-10 business days from the time we receive your item(s).
When will my credit card be charged?
A: Your credit card will be charged when your order is shipped.
For further questions, please visit Customer Care.
How much is shipping and handling?
A: Orders* for $29.95 and up receive FREE UPS Mail Innovations shipping! (*offer applies to domestic shipments only)
USPS First Class (international) shipping for $12.95 arrives within 20-30 business days
Prices vary on the following options depending on location:
UPS Ground shipping arrives within 5 business days of shipping date
UPS Three-Day Select shipping arrives within 3 business days of shipping date
UPS Second Day Air shipping arrives within 2 business days of shipping date
UPS Next Day Air Saver shipping arrives within 1 business day of shipping date
UPS Next Day Air shipping arrives within 1 business day of shipping date by mid-day
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. shipping arrives within 1 business day of shipping date by early morning
BodyGuardz observes all major U.S. holidays and does not process or ship out orders on these dates. Please order well in advance if you need a product by a certain holiday.
When will my order ship?
A: You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order has shipped. The tracking information will be available within 24-48 hours of shipment. After placing your order, you may click the 'My Account' link on the top, right hand side of our site to track the status of your order.
What is UPS Mail Innovations?
A: UPS picks up the package from our warehouse. It is taken to a UPS sorting center where the package is then distributed to the local USPS post office. The order will be delivered by the local USPS postal carrier.
Do you ship to my country?
A: The easiest way to see if we ship to your country is to select the protectors you want and place them in your cart. Once you proceed to checkout you can look in the shipping and tax estimate to see if we ship to your country. You can also contact Customer Care.
For further questions, please visit Customer Care.