Shop Popular Devices
Shop Screen Protectors
Replace your screen protector
Register a new screen protector
Register a new case
WELCOME TO OUR STORE
Blog / The Ultimate Clear Phone Case Shopping Guide
Apr 26, 2022
Looking for a clear case for your smartphone? You’ll quickly discover there are a lot of options out there. But even more than other phone case colors and styles, you need to know what to look for in a case. Part of this search should focus on finding premium phone case manufacturers that know what it takes to build a clear case with durable performance. You should also take into account your personal lifestyle and smartphone habits to know what to expect and how to get the most out of your case. Here is everything you need to know to shop for a clear phone case with confidence and with great results.
Many people like the idea of a clear case that accentuates the natural look of their phone while still adding its own decorative flair. It could be a bumper edge with a solid color or semi-transparent accents. These premium phone cases offer exactly this kind of style while also being some of the most protective cases in our entire catalog:
• Rivet®: This phone case has a crystal-clear backplate, raised bumpers with bold color choices, ergonomic design, and ultra-responsive buttons. With new materials and design construction, the Rivet also offers our strongest drop protection to date—a 12-foot drop rating. Available for the iPhone 13 series.
• Avenue®: Another great choice for people who like a crystal-clear backplate with a splash of color from the protective bumper. The Avenue also boasts our TriCore design with three distinct layers of phone protection. Available for the iPhone 12 series.
• Paradigm S™: Instead of a crystal-clear or frosted look, the Paradigm S has a semi-transparent, reflective backplate that offers a truly unique clear phone case style. This case, complete with TriCore protection, includes solid color bumpers, and also comes in classic black or maroon. Available for the iPhone 11 series.
If clear phone cases have an Achilles heel, it’s the discoloration that sets in over time due to heat, UV radiation, skin oils, dirt and grime. How much you expose your case to these elements will have a huge impact on how long your case stays clear. Some people start to notice discoloration within a few months of using a new case, while others go years with a case that remains crystal clear.
Perhaps the best way to reduce the impact of these environmental and lifestyle factors is to pick out a second phone case for outdoor adventures, backyard projects, and other heavy-duty use. Our favorite pick for this type of case is the Torrey from Lander. This case is made for the outdoors and includes ThermoLine® insulation to guard against temperature extremes, an anchor lanyard, and premium impact resistance. The Torrey is available in crowd-pleasing black, as well as bold color choices including turquoise and purple.
As easy as it is to pop a case on and off your phone, many people find swapping out multiple phone cases isn’t right for them. They may still be all about clear cases but would rather just pick out a new case when too much discoloration sets in. Along with knowing how to clean a clear phone case, our best shopping advice is to find a case made from quality materials with minimal impurities and treated with UV stabilizers. Our top recommendations include:
• Ace Pro®: This phone case has a crystal-clear backplate, raised bumpers with bold color choices, ergonomic design, and ultra-responsive buttons. With new materials and design construction, the Rivet also offers our strongest drop protection to date—a 12-foot drop rating. Available for the iPhone 13 series.
• Glacier®: Looking for a clear phone case that’s built to withstand the outdoors? That’s the Glacier case to a T. Built with sustainable materials, it’s also one of the only clear cases out there with a lanyard. Available for iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 series.
• Ace Fly™: Still using a slightly older phone model? The Ace Fly is the perfect all-clear case for iPhone XS Max, XS, XR, and Galaxy S9 models. Along with a low-profile, lightweight construction, the Ace Fly has criss-cross lines as part of its backplate design.
Looking to shop for a case that fits your budget? Check out our Best Clear Cases at Any Price Point. These reviews and recommendations will show you prices for specific combinations of cases and smartphone devices. When shopping for a specific device, you can also head straight to our dedicated shopping pages for Apple, Samsung, and other Brands to see our available cases and screen protectors for that device.
About the Author:
Over 15 years, Marcus Pickett has written and edited thousands of articles in numerous industries including phone accessories, smart home, home security, outdoor, travel, healthcare, and many more. He’s a voracious reader and researcher who loves talking
to the experts. He currently lives in Salt Lake City, UT.